August 18, 2010

Busy Brains...


For those who have been living under a rock lately (or hermetically sealed inside all summer) let me update you.  School is about to begin.  Pencils, protractors and new gym shoes are being snapped up everywhere out there.  Bus routes are being reviewed, and lunchroom buddies are being sought.  

I was a crayon girl, myself.  Mom would take me for supplies every year, and make a half-hearted case for re-using last years crayons.  I lobbied hard against this idea, and got a new box every September.  The joy of all those colors!!!  Cracking open that box and inhaling the distinctive fragrance of 64 Crayola Crayons was, to me, like a sommelier pulling the cork on a fine bottle of wine. {Surprisingly, now, I'm just as excited by the wine...} 

There is something about this time of year that inspires scholarly  pursuits--at least a little bit. To that end, perhaps you'll want to challenge yourself ever-so-slightly with our newest little books.  There are over half a dozen titles in our Pocket Posh series, and one is sure to entice you.  Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers, etc. etc. They have a bit of bite--you will have to think some of them through--but isn't that what makes solving puzzles so rewarding?  Best of all, you can write your answers in crayon if you want........just pick a color........







Related Posts with Thumbnails