March 26, 2014

It's Our Party!

Come to our Birthday Party!

'Tis true!  Clever Girl is celebrating 6 wonderful years in Western Springs.  The time has just flown by!  Please join us for Birthday Cake, Champagne and treats on April 4th to celebrate with us. (For details, click here.)
*****
We've gotten in so many new, fresh, spring clothing lines that you'll be chomping at the bit to wear.  After this particular winter, bright colors and whimsical patterns look especially refreshing. The scarf racks are bursting with a rainbow of adorable prints--guaranteed to lift your spirits.  Usually I've planted up our front door with pansies and ivy, but I don't dare do it yet this spring, even thought I've certainly seen some robins hoping about already.  I just know that if I plant them, we'll have a blizzard the next day for certain!  Perhaps next week...
*****
On a different note, my sweet cat, Basil died recently, and I thought I might just mention it here.  He was a steadfast little companion, and I miss him dearly.  His sister, Mabel is still with me, and doing well.  I mention this because they were rescue cats, adopted from the Humane Society.  They were born on September 11, 2001--literally on that most awful day.  They came into this world, and were abandoned at the door of the rescue facility.  I wasn't really looking for any pets, but the call went out that this litter of nine black cats urgently needed homes.(Black cats are particularly unwanted.) I certainly wasn't planning on taking any--let alone two, but, that's how these thing go; and I've never regretted it at all.  Please, please, remember all of the abandoned cats and dogs waiting for their forever homes.  They will offer you unconditional love and affection, and be forever grateful that they are warm, safe and secure. I was blessed to have dear Basil and will miss my much loved friend.



Related Posts with Thumbnails