November 28, 2010

The Clever Christmas Quiz

As we finish off the last of the turkey leftovers, our thoughts now happily turn toward Christmas.  This season I thought it would be nice to share our Clever Girl Christmas Quiz with you--some of our favorite memories, recipes and traditions...
First up is Donna.
Donna & Santa.  Age 3
Tree: Real or Artificial?  Real!
Lights: Colored or Clear? Clear.  Definitely clear.
Favorite Christmas Song? Anything "Classic Christmas". Standards from the 1950-60's like Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra and Dorris Day are my favorites... Hold the modern remakes please--Sorry, no Miriah Carey.
Favorite Christmas Movie? The Bishop's Wife.  Who wouldn't want Cary Grant as their Guardian Angel?  The scene where he decorates the tree is pure magic.  The whole film is just perfect--It wouldn't be Christmas without it!
The best gift you ever got?  It was the Christmas when I was 6 years old.  I received a momma dog and puppy with a remote control that made them sit, beg and roll over.  I  loved them, and took them absolutely everywhere with me!
Worst Gift?  The only gift I've ever returned was a pair of purple, crushed velvet, bell-bottom hip hugger pants. Exchanged them for pink hot pants.  In retrospect, kind of a no-win situation...
Favorite holiday food?  Smoked Salmon from Seattle.  Delicious!
Can you ice skate? Yes, absolutely!  I took lessons for 10+ years.  Jump, spins I can (could?) do it all!  I lived at the rink when I was growing up...every morning at 6am I was there.
Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate, please.
Favorite Clever Girl Gift to give?  Well, something from the Donna Sauers Jewelry Collection, of course!  But I'm also slightly addicted to our scarves this year, and they make wonderful gifts.
Treats for Santa?  We always left him homemade Peanut Butter Cookies, but no milk, because we figured he was in a hurry...
Anything for your dog Reggie under the tree?  Don't tell him, but he'll be getting gourmet treats.  He's a rescue dog, so every day is like Christmas for him.  Last year he got a Santa hat...

Reggie waiting for Santa



Related Posts with Thumbnails