December 3, 2010

Christmas Quiz Part II

Continuing in our series of the Clever Girl Christmas Quiz, this time, it's our resident fashionista Linda's turn...
Linda, on right, applying tinsel...

Tree: Real or Artificial?  Real.
Lights: Colored or Clear? Colored--probably because growing up Grandma had bubble lights, and I thought those were so fun!
What's on top of the tree? An angel my parents brought back from Italy, and underneath we have a Manger.
Favorite Christmas song? Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt.
Best gift you ever got?  The Christmas when I was 7 my sister and I each got a Patti-Playpal doll.  It was almost life size, and we were overwhelmed with them.  One year we came downstairs to find my Dad had a brand new, bright red Plymouth delivered (for himself).  It had the huge bow on it and everything.  So that was pretty dramatic too....
How did you learn the truth about Santa?  What truth?
Christmas dinner: Home or away?  Growing up, we went to my Grandmother's house in Queens, NY.  My Mom had 11 brothers and sisters, so it was always a packed house.  The adults ate in the dining room, but the kids all squished in the kitchen.  Now it's family at home.
Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?  Oh, definitely Hot Chocolate.  With rum.  And Cinnamon on top.  And rum.
Favorite holiday activity?  In a word: Shopping!
Any special tradition with your kids?  When they were little, I used to hide these funny elf-gnomes all around the house.  Ostensibly they were there to "report back" to Santa on how well everyone was behaving.  A new one would appear every day leading up to Christmas.  My kids were half happy, half scared to have them around...
Clever Girl favorite this year?  Jewelry, jewelry, jewelry.  I'm in love with the Bohm collection.
Your best movie to recommend?  Anything with Fred and Ginger.  Top Hat is one I have always loved...
Related Posts with Thumbnails