June 19, 2009

In search of Summer

OK. I give up. Where is summer? I know where the clouds are. I've located the rain, thunder and lightning. The mosquitoes and I are now very well acquainted. The weeds are having a massive party without permission. What I'm seeking, however, is summer. You've heard of it I'm sure. Things like sunny days, warm breezes, walking the dog, kids riding bikes and flying kites. A lemonade stands pops up on the corner, and the ice cream man whizzes around in his funny little van. Summer stuff. So where it it?

We've done our part. The screens are up, the grill is clean and ready, fresh sunscreen (extra SPF) has been procured and beach books are waiting to be read. So where is it?!? This is like waiting for Santa into January, and the Easter bunny is a total no-show. In other words: VERY DISAPPOINTING! Cute outfits are waiting to be worn. New shoes want out of their box. Summer scarves are growing slightly desperate for exposure. What's a girl to do? Sadly, I don't have the answer except to say,"Don't give up. It has to get here sometime. Summer 2009 will happen."
Until then Clever Girls, download some Beach Boys tunes and perfect your Mojito recipes. Summer is just around the corner...right?
Related Posts with Thumbnails