December 7, 2014

"P" is for Paperwhites...

One thing I look forward to every early winter is the planting of the paperwhites.  I fill all sorts of bowls and containers with the bulbs, and enjoy the fascinating process of watching them grow.  From rather homely little bulbs, green shoots emerge, followed by the flowering stalks.  The sweet scent greets me every time I pass a container in the house.  

What's especially nice about paperwhites, much like hyacinth bulbs, is that they don't need soil to grow--just a bit of fresh water, and they are quite content.  As they grow taller and taller, I stake them with twigs and twine to keep them upright.  I found a picture on Pinterest and was inspired to top mine up with ornaments.  I love Pinterest, by the way. Check out ours right here.



P. S.  Remember, the Clever Girl Open House
 is THIS Thursday, December 11th, from 5-8 pm.
 We so look forward to seeing you in the shop!  





Related Posts with Thumbnails