February 17, 2009

Oh no! A New Neighbor

I know this site is primarily about all that's going on at Clever Girl; but surely you'll indulge me if I digress briefly from time to time. As some of you know, I am the proud owner of THE WORLDS BEST DOG--Gracie. (You may have even met her in the store.) At any rate, she has a new friend--and I'm not too thrilled about it. It seems that a skunk has taken up residence under our back steps, and my little Beagle is ON TO IT! At first I thought the skunk might just be passing through--heading to, say, Texas for a late winter vacation. No luck. It moved in, not on, and now Gracie wants to meet the new neighbor. Morning, noon and night she's on patrol looking for the skunk, hoping against hope that she'll catch it wandering in the yard. So far, they haven't met up, but Beagle + Skunk do not equal anything good, and I'm not looking forward to the possibility of a striped skunk and a happy-go-lucky hound having a get-together. So, if anyone has a suggestion as to evicting the new guy on the block, please let me know. I'll keep you posted...
Related Posts with Thumbnails