December 9, 2010

Merry Christmas, Ya'll

Lynn, our very own Miss Texas, shares her Christmas memories as we continue the Clever Girl Christmas Quiz...
Christmas morning, Lynn, age 5.

Tree: Real or artificial? Real
Lights: Colored or Clear?  Clear.
Best gift ever?  My blue bike.  I was so surprised, amazed and thrilled to receive it.  Apparently, I even tried to sleep on it--that's how much I loved it.  It was bright blue, had training wheels, and was the best thing ever!!!
Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?  I've never turned down either...
Best Christmas memories?  As a child I really looked forward to driving downtown in Austin to see all the Christmas decorations, looking at the wonderfully decorated windows with animated figures, and, of course, getting dressed up to go visit Santa.
Favorite Christmas dessert?  I loved what we called Sandtarts, made with fresh pecans from the trees that my father planted in our yard the first year we lived in our house, and the wonderful vanilla that was manufactured in the Adams Extract factory outside of Austin, Texas.
Favorite song?  The jazzy sounds of the Vince Guaraldi Trio playing the tunes from A Charlie Brown Christmas. No techno Christmas for me, I'm stuck in the 1960's. 
Best Christmas movie? My whole family truly enjoys, A Christmas Story, about  Ralphie dreaming about his Red Rider BB gun, going to visit the department store Santa, and wishing for all the toys in the department store windows.
Favorite Clever Girl item to recommend this year?  Baggallini  totes and bags are something I'm a big fan of.  I'm not real good at traveling light, and they hold everything I need--no easy feat!
Have you been a good girl this year? As far as Santa knows, I've been an angel...
Snow: Love it or hate it?  Not sure yet...  My Christmases were never white, so it was quite a shock when my first "White Christmas" happened to be during the winter of 1978 in Chicago--the beginning of the legendary worst winter for many years!  It was a Texas sized, "Merry Christmas ya'll, and Welcome to Chicago!"
Strike a pose...
Modeling her new Christmas watch.


Related Posts with Thumbnails