September 23, 2019

Salty Talk...

As the days close in, and the evenings begin to have a bit of chill, setting the table inside, once again becomes a special ritual.  My grandmother always changed out her light summer linens and place settings on October first in favor of her more formal settings, the big silver candelabras, and  she put out the pretty crystal salt cellars.  The candlelight made the salts twinkle like little jewels on the table; and I always was excited when she asked me to fill them before dinner.  




Have you seen our selection of vintage salt cellars?  We have a large case filled with a terrific selection.  Some are sold as sets, while others are fun to mix-and-match.  They add so much to a luncheon or dinner table setting and make a clever and memorable hostess gift.  Add one of our containers of delicious, French salts, and you've got a truly lovely gift that will be long remembered.

Keep these in mind for engagement, anniversary or weddings gifts.  What a lovely tradition to begin a collection for someone special and add a few for each holiday.  I keep an odd little one on the window above my sink to hold my rings when I'm cooking--another great idea for these lovely little dishes....

For more on the history of salt cellars, CLICK HERE for a video from Martha Stewart--very interesting!




Related Posts with Thumbnails